Sunday, November 1, 2009

Friday 30 October

Odette says...

2 steps forward and one back.

I felt so good yesterday that I overdid it with an evening stroll.  I certainly paid for it today, but Owen gave me extra massage time and Laurinda bought me treats...yum!

It was a beautiful night and we are surrounded by parks all lit up, and with the locals playing badminton and other sports on the concrete...not the grass.  We took lots of photos, but they turned out a little blurry, still working out the camera.  We had a good laugh when we bought that camera at one of the features on it...beauty enhancer...but when I saw the photos Laurinda had taken of me, I had to tell her off for not using the special beauty enhancer feature.

So, a quiet day for me and a couple of jaunts for Laurinda and Ann.  Laurinda is now the proud owner of long, glittery gold finger nails - really not her style but she said they were the tamest ones there!  We also have a few other plans in the pipe lines.  Special back/neck/head massages, some reflexology and a tour of the local brewery where beer is drunk from a bag!  We are also hoping to see Polar Bears, temples, gardens and Olympic Games venues.  We have invited some friends to join us and we will take a van and an English speaking driver.  We have decided to leave the big walking outings until last of all, when I'm back in my Superwoman outfit.

My Roo rang me today..yay!!  We have a phone in our room and it was the first time I had heard it ring, it gave me quite a shock!  It was so nice to hear his voice.

It's Halloween tomorrow and Jack (one of the translators) has asked us to join him on the Trick or Treat rounds.  Luckily we came prepared and have some hilarious glasses to wear.

Can't believe we have been here for over a week.  Can't believe how much stronger I feel and how happy I'm feeling half way across the world from home with my beautiful daughter and experimental medicine.  The stem cells are not the usual ones used from the cord blood, but taken from the wall of the umbilical cord, so it really is new.  These cells are more expensive because they are proving to be more effective for some ailments and injuries, including  MS.  Luckily, being a Guinea Pig means I am only paying the usual price.

We are off to try the DVD player again.  No TV or movies since we were on the plane...big night LOL!!


Odette at the People's Square


 Hackysack




Bad smog today! Compare with photo of the Lottemart below, taken last week! 




Laurinda is very happy with the new nails

1 comment: