Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday 29 October (week 2)

Odette says...   Move over Superwoman...Here I come!

After a long, lousy night and no sleep and babies crying, I was a bit wary of therapy this morning.  Owen knew I had my spinal last night, so his massaging was a little easier than normal, or so it seemed, and then when it was time for climbing, balancing etc...I was flying!!  I've come a long way in a week and I know the magic potion is doing its sweet thing.  After PT as I am laying on my bed waiting for my acupuncture, I can feel it.  I know I am stronger. My Miracle is unfolding.  I am blessed and it just keeps getting better!  I have also lost a couple of kg s, so by the end of treatment I will be wearing Superwoman's outfit with high heels for dancing and romance.Woohoo!  Alyson....leave a pair of high strappy black shoes for me in the Prada shop!
...
Right,  Dr Apple has been and done a quick neurological test and is very impressed with my balance and strength.

Thanks so much for your comments, with communications being so unreliable, its lovely to hear from you.  Jan, DW and Mihela...please pass on my love to all the F`s and big thanks for the support.
Blisters...No 3cent dumplings for you!
Al....please keep sending me emails, they make my day.
Hamo...dont smash Lady Jas`s car.
Christine....thanks for your support too and yes that step is high and the beds are thin!
Roo....I am your Mother, let me hear from you!
Anyone else...please dont hesitate to say hello, we have no mobiles here so we love hearing from you.


Laurinda says....

It was exciting watching Mum do PT this morning.  Owen had her balancing on one leg!  She lasted 2 seconds on her left and 7 on her right! He also had her powering up and down the high step like an aerobics class.  Definitely an improvement in balance and strength and confidence.  After therapy today we walked over to the shopping mall and spent about an hour browsing and she didn't need to stop and sit down once.  We had an enormous Korean lunch (enough for about 6 people, so no dinner tonight!!) all for $11. Now she wont let me film therapy this afternoon because shes too worried about her full belly wobbling.


9 comments:

  1. Hi Odette! Just now realized I could post a comment to you here! I am over the moon so thrilled for your miracle coming true! You are indeed Superwoman! Lots of love being sent! xoxo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read it's all going so well! Can't wait for the next update. Have no idea what your current email address is L, so can't update you on the exciting world of law and working in Government. It would kill off your readership to make it public!

    Love to you both, big hugs Carolyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoooo i am so glad things went so well, i was worried about that lumber. Another post that sent tears flowing for me. So exciting and such an amazing miracle. Now keep losing those kgs (although god knows how with THAT amount of food) and when you come home we will go and party hard as soon as i have recuperated. Love you both heaps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoooooooooooooo Way to go Superwoman , So glad to hear the lumber puncture was Painless .Phew!
    Bet u want to bring your pysiothearapist back home as your personal Trainer lol ,The food looks Delicious but soooo much ,Awwwww it must be real boring having to keep your head still for 6 hrs ,,Any chance they do taped(listening) books you can listen to rather than attemp to read and in English! lol.it's funny but as I am typing this I am watching a film on the making of how Charlies' Angels was borne ,and the court case Farah Fawcett had to go through when she wanted to leave the series.
    You are so courages Odette and I want to thank you and Laurinda for allowing us to watch and share in your Beautiful Miracle that is unfolding.Give that Professor our special Fecker love too ,take care and lots of love to you and Laurinda xxxx Jan.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. am trying again to post a comment to you both................. amazing stuff odette, thanks to you and laurinda for sharing, miss you loads, but am thrilled to bits with your progress...........love and hugs fecker elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Odette and Laurinda - can't wait to see that Superwoman outfit! great news to hear about your results, very inspiring. Odette, conversation often turns to you when we turn on the air conditioner in the staff room - many memories of you cooling off there! We miss your smiling face and send lots of love and positive thoughts from all of us at Little Souls

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy to hear you are doing so well Odette. Superwoman move over indeed!!!! And hun, that food looks delicious, I can almost smell it! Keep us posted, I love reading all the updates. Love to you and your sweet daugther, Mihela xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is excellent news O! The photos are great and all that food looks lush :) I'm sure I can leave a pair of shoes in Prada for you, Manolo might be a different story however.......

    Love to you both, Alyson xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Odette this is so amazing! I am so glad the puncture didn't hurt I was worried for you. Can't wait to keep on reading about Superwoman coming out of her cocoon! xx Christine

    ReplyDelete