Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week 2 - Monday and Tuesday

This morning while mum was receiving therapy, I went to the RT Mart to buy DVDs and camera still no DVDs to be found but I managed to find a camera for $120 so I said I wanted to buy the camera and she told me 'no, none'. Through very broken Chinese and a little help from my phrase book I worked out there were more coming today and she told me in English 'just minute' so I wait and wait and wait. She looks at me funny and I ask 'when?' she rambles in Chinese and I pull out my book to the days of the week and she points to Monday so I ask 'oh delivery today?' She nods. I say 'what time?' and she tells me '4 o 'clock'. Lucky I have learnt some Chinese and had my book with me or I would have waited all day for 'just a minute' haha... so I walk the forty minutes home with nothing but some large blisters. I got back and mum said 'Hey! Where's my lunch? I didn't order lunch because I thought you were bringing me something yummy home!'

So we went to the Lottemart food court for dumplings and a stir fry thing with all the pickled vege and gim chee trimmings. It was very yummy and everyone thought we were very funny trying to order in Chinese. After you order you take your ticket over to central food court cash register area, pay then come back with ticket and wait- didn't take long. I walked off to get mum a drink and it was on the table with her when I returned. When we went to leave we saw the cheap cameras for sale in the food court! So we finally got a camera for $100 and paid extra $20 for a 2GB card and it saves me from walking all the way back to RT Mart tomorrow. So we can now post some photos!

Out the front of the hospital there are street vendors selling lunch but we just haven't been that adventurous yet! It is a strange melting pot of East meets West. We are very excited about mum's first lumbar puncture delivery of stem cells tomorrow. They joke here that it is like taking the lift straight to the penthouse to fix the myelin where it's needed rather than taking the stairs and stopping on each floor.


 

3 comments:

  1. So excited about tomorrow!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes, and hoping that it doesn't hurt too much! Those trees certainly are lovely! Thinking of you Odette, and enjoying getting to know you Laurinda through your posts here! xxx Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds quite an adventure you are having lol,glad u got finaly got the Camera.Odette you look so happy and contented on your hospital bed, I am soo happy for you.Amazing news of that little Blind girl!We are all missing you Odette but at least we can check in with you and catch up on the updates on your progress lots of love to you both xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What interesting experiences you are having, thank you for letting us share them.
    Very interested in your next post after the 1st injection.
    Heaps of Love
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete