Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Monday 9 November

Odette says...

Its NOT because I'm stubborn!
Its NOT because I'm too independent!
Its NOT because I wont listen to Laurinda!
Its NOT because I think I'm Superwoman !

Well, ok, it might be a bit of the above, and yes I am paying the price today and only managing to drag myself out of bed for therapy, and yes, I overdid it again big time...but what an achievement!
Yesterday we walked and walked and walked.  Up hills, down hills, up hundreds of steps and over very uneven surfaces all day without a single tablet or whinge.  Our only rest was the chairlift that took us up to the Temple on the Mountain, despite having to line our bums up and hope we made it on as it whizzed by..the damned thing doesnt stop!  There was a bit of a lurch as we more or less fell into it, and off we went amongst much slightly hysterical laughter.  The Zoo was huge and rather sad so I was delighted to arrive at the Buddhist Temple which was surrounded by a pretty lake with ducks and geese.  We saw the Monks chanting and going about their daily business in this idyllic paradise, but it wasnt long before we were nudged back to th 21st Century by the sight of a Monk on his mobile phone.  The day was terribly smoggy but we managed to get some lovely photos and the Temple soothed me spiritually and the pride I felt when Laurinda mentioned how long we had been walking....another day to remember with a smile!

I have felt from the start of this adventure that I need to get the word out...make more people aware of the possible wonders of stem cells, and ideally, even help to make it possible for those that can't afford it.  Its very expensive and without my superannuation, I would not have been able to experience it myself.  Laurinda and I are working on ideas, nothing decided yet, but perhaps something along the lines of a charity based organisation.  There are others here too that are eager to share their successes and we are going to film some footage of real people telling their real stories.

2 treatments to go...Wednesday night and then final one on the following Monday and head for home next Friday.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear the success of the treatment!
    Have been reading with great interest and am so happy for the positive response you have had.
    Life is looking good! Would love to hear more when you return back to Brisbane
    Safe travels as you make your way home!
    Libby

    ReplyDelete