Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thurs 20 Nov

Theres only one thing more I would have liked to ask for (an MRI), but I already feel so blessed and lucky, I didnt want to be greedy. So I was amazed when Dr Apple came to ask me if I would like to have an MRI done this morning!! The Hospital had just acquired a brand new machine and I was literally the 2nd person in it. The packing boxes were still all over the floor and there were dozens of curious staff wanting to check out the exciting new machine and the funny blonde lady going into the tunnel. The whole thing was so unexpected and thrilling. I have no ida if 4 weeks of stem cell treatment will show on film, and I know even without visible evidence that there have been fantastic positive changes, but it would be the icing on the cake if these changes could be seen.
Mt last day of therapies with Owen whom I shall miss and definitely never forget, he has helped me so much to regain the trust in my legs that I havent had for a long time. I hope my thankyou present made him happy.
We also organised thankyou gifts for the medical staff and translators, they just give and give, great workers and such caring people. We fell a litte inlove with them all.
Another long and tiring day saw me being a bit of a party pooper when almost all the patients and families went out for dinner, but I really appreciated the quiet time and had so much to think about and I also wanted to say a massive thankyou to the Universe for fulfilling my dreams and bringing me thru this whole experience. Life is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment