Monday, November 2, 2009

Sunday Adventure

Odette:

A lazy start to the day. One look out our window revealed the clearest day so far. We could even make out the mountains, which are usually hidden behind a blanket of smog. We made some tentative plans for the day, grabbed our boys and headed towards town. First stop May 4th Square. This monument remembers the day that all the students in Qingdao fought the Japanese to reclaim their city, and won. We enjoyed the seaside markets and purchased some souvenirs. Our haggling created audiences wherever we went - we are quite the pros now. I do not want to think of the lunch we ordered ever again.

Next we headed to Polar Ocean World. We loved it and it was so nice to escape the weather indoors. We were lucky enough to see dolphins, belugas, penguins, polar bears, turtles and my favourites the otters all up very close. We were smoochd by sea-lions and we bottle-fed Japanese Carp. Home again in the taxi and very pleased for our slippers and cardys and $3 dinner. We left at 9.30am and returned about 6 hours later. We were on our feet almost all of the time and I'm still standing. I'm so happy with the way my legs worked all day with no pain- amazing! Next stem cells tomorrow night, which will take me to half way through my treatment. I'm a very happy lady.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Odette, I really love reading all your posts. Plus, you are doing some great promo for China, sounds lovely and intersting :)

    I just popped by to say hi and to tell you (again) that I'm thinking of you. The F's too, of course.

    I am also passing on a message from Baps: she follows you here but somehow hasn't managed to master the comment thing. So I am sending her love to you xx

    Mine too. Love and hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like things are going so well for you, I am excited that you are able to get out and about and see lots of things. Today i have Sharon with me who has been having problems with her computer and sends you her love and is following your story by seeing it on my computer. Sharon says she loves you and misses you lots. Thinking of you and miss you xxxx L

    ReplyDelete
  3. once again i am drawn to your miracle!!!,odette i have no time with the gardens, the feckers, the dbs, and now the miracle, lol, love the pics and love to hear the high spirits and joy in your posts, love and hugs to you and laurinda, xxxx

    ReplyDelete